It's Called Fishing But Catching Is What We Do
Alaska Fish Catcher is a premier Kenai salmon fishing experience on the Kenai River and Kasilof River within the Kenai Peninsula. We offer Kenai fishing trips for groups of two, three, four or more in our drift boats or powerboats. We are a multi-generational, family fishing guide business with more than 60 years of combined fishing and guiding experience. It is our mission and goal to provide both seasoned anglers and novices with the best possible Alaska fishing adventure!
Kenai River Fishing
Alaska's world-famous Kenai River is best known for its real fishing and world-record King Salmon (97 lb 4 oz.); however, the river is also an oasis for its world class trout fly fishing and a popular destination for fly fisherman from all over the world. Spend a day for each variety of fishing or mix it up in one day. It is your Alaskan fishing experience, adventure and memory so just let us know what your fishing desires are. We will do everything in our power to make it happen!
Fishing Trip Info:
- Pete’s fishing trips - both reel and fly fishing last approximately 8-9 hours, providing a full and complete fishing experience!
- Reel fishing, done from drift boats with ample room for up to four anglers per boat, depending on river flow conditions.
- All guests are provided with the necessary rods, reels and tackle. If you prefer to bring your favorite reel or fly rod, do not hesitate to contact us for any recommendations on weights and line.
- Terminal tackle and flies will be provided.
- We fish just below Skilak Lake on a very scenic portion of the river. Bald eagles adorn the tops of trees along the river banks. Moose are seen in the back water ponds with their heads under water eating salt grass.
Kenai Trout are ready biters either on beads to match the salmon spawn or flesh flies that resemble rotten salmon flesh floating downstream. These trout are large and well fed with all the salmon spawning giving them a non-stop buffet that changes with the different species of salmon in the river at a given time! The Rainbows can reach 15-20 lbs, and the Dolly Varden up to 10-15 lbs, with lots of smaller fish (1-4 lb) in the mix of this very healthy fishery.
The upper Kenai River is home to trophy-sized wild rainbow/steelhead trout providing a fly angler’s dream. About 43,000 rainbow/steelhead are caught every year by anglers.
deep sea fishing
best of both worlds includes an add-on deep sea charter - Let us schedule and make all of the arrangements for you
Make your Alaskan fishing trip complete by adding on a Deep Sea experience. Halibut is the primary target for guests desiring a deep sea fishing experience; however, there are various seasons for combination fish that include lingcod, saltwater salmon, yelloweye and rockfish. Your adventure even become even better with an amazing and exhilarating Alaskan deep sea fishing experience. Treat yourself to the best of both worlds with your add-on, customized deep sea charter, making your "bucket list" trip complete!
You want to experience the most you can while visiting Alaska and know that, for most, this is a “Once in a Lifetime” trip! We want to make sure your trip is successful and worthy of years of real life fish stories!
We look forward to fishing with you this season!